I’m excited to announce that Rocket is doing its first ever public beta for UniVerse v11.2. As our first public beta, this will be a learning experience for us. We will use this experience to shape how we conduct subsequent public betas.
This will be a Personal Edition, so while it won’t enable you to play with all the new features currently being tested in our private beta, you will get to see some significant new additions. It has the same restrictions of our regular personal edition that can be found on the Rocket UniVerse try-it-now page.
So, before I mention the new features, some quick housekeeping. While we learn about how much interest a public beta will generate, we want to prevent overwhelming our support team as to not affect customers. To this end, will accept bugs and regressions via our firstname.lastname@example.org email channel with the following guidelines:
- All issues submitted to email@example.com need to have the subject “UniVerse v11.2 Public Beta”
- Rocket requires any regressions not associated with new features to be confirmed not to exist in the current UniVerse v11.1 Personal Edition
- Rocket will record issues sent in via a bug tracking system, but will not respond to the reporter unless further clarification is required.
Some of the new features you can expect to see UniVerse v11.2 (that you can play with in the Personal Edition) are:
- Local subroutines & functions
- Additions to XDOM, such as XDOMQuery
- XML support in U2 Dynamic Objects
- Compiler DEFINES to enable condition compile basic on database type and version
- 64-bit Windows Port
- SHA-256 support
stat = DIGEST(“SHA256”,data,DATA__STRING,result)
- nbasic returns exit code 1 for success, 0 for failure
- New compiler directive $DIM.IN.SUB to support redimensioning in subroutines
- CLEARCOMMON /named/ now supported.
Note: As mentioned before, this is only a subset of the new features that will be released for UniVerse v11.2. Keep a look out for the official release of UniVerse v11.2 later this year where you can find out everything!
|UniVerse v11.2 Public Beta|
32bit PE (ZIP)
32bit PE (ZIP)
64bit PE (ZIP)
Help with local subroutines, XDOM changes and XML support in U2 Dynamic Objects.
I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and will be working to post examples for some of these on our U2 Servers Lab GitHub site.
As a starting point, here are 2 example implementations of an HMAC function using local functions.