In Case of Disaster: How Rocket Servergraph Protects the Data at Einstein Healthcare Network
Everyone knows backing up and protecting data is essential. And it is especially critical at hospitals and healthcare organizations that can’t afford to lose patient and billing records during a disaster like Hurricane Sandy. A lapse in data protection is disastrous for them.
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager has backup and recovery management. It provides centralized, automated data protection to help reduce the risks of data loss.
[box size=”large” style=”rounded”]
At Pulse: Learn how Rocket Servergraph works with Tivoli Storage Manager to help protect the data at Einstein Healthcare Network.
Even during a disaster!
Monday, February 24. 5:00-6:00 p.m. Room 114.
But how do healthcare organizations know the backup is really working?
Rocket Servergraph provides the dashboard picture and customized reports! It’s the industry-leading solution for data protection management.
Rocket Servergraph manages TSM from one central, visible point. It is a graphical use and command line interface that provides complete management of the Tivoli Storage Manager environment.
Companies can customize reports and see everything they need to know. Rocket Servergraph alerts them when a backup has been missed. The admin commands can communicate with multiple servers at once, or on an individual basis.
Join Rocket at IBM Pulse 2014 to learn how Rocket Servergraph works with Tivoli Storage Manager and Cristie Disaster Recovery at the Einstein Healthcare Network! With Rocket Servergraph, the backup success rate at Einstein is between 96.5 to 99.4 percent each day!
About this Session
Einstein Healthcare Network is one of the largest healthcare networks in Philadelphia with five major facilities and several outpatient centers. Einstein has been using Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and SAN Volume Controller (SVC), but as the organization grew and federal regulatory requirements were enforced, their organization’s need for a robust Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery plan was apparent. In 2010, Einstein introduced Rocket Servergraph, Cristie TBMR, and VMWare Site Recovery Manager to enhance the toolset used to support the health system in the event of a disaster. This new approach addresses the recovery plans for different systems using a standard set of recovery procedures.
Don Becker, a managing director at Rocket Software with responsibility for Rocket Servergraph. Don was previously president and part owner of Servergraph, which was a privately held software company before being acquired by Rocket in 2005.
What is Rocket Servergraph?
- Real-time automated monitoring, reports, alerts, and dashboard graphs and charts on a customer’s entire backup environment. Is the data protected? Is it available? Monitoring is as easy as checking a colored chart!
- Servergraph delivers everything customers must know in one centralized, visible spot.
- Servergraph provides customers – and their managers – with up-to-the-minute reports on their backup and storage status.
- Customers learn when a drive fails, a part fails, or there’s a read-and-write error.
- Servergraph automatically updates the dashboard and statistics.
- Servergraph complements IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center and Cognos reporting capabilities by extending visibility and control across multi-vendor storage environments.
- Customers can build their own custom report or use one of out-of-the-box.
- Servergraph monitors IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), TSM Fastback, and IBM ProtecTIER, Symantec NetBackup, EMC NetWorker, Avamar and Data Domain, Veeam, Sepaton, IBM FastBack, and Gresham EDT.
IT-VP/Manager, IT Function – General IT Management, Strategy and Technology, Storage Management