The new iCluster Reports Menu
iCluster has had sync check reports from day 1, and of course we provide all of our metadata to customers and partners so that customized reports can be created using this data. Until iCluster 7.1 TR2 however, reports were never consolidated. At iCluster 7.1 TR2, there is now a new reports menu that is accessed from the main menu using Option 9 or by using the GO DMREPORTS command.
The reports include the standard sync check report as well the System Information from Option 7 and the event log on the main menu, along with some reports from the old DMXtras toolkit and many new reports that have been requested by customers. The report menu is shown below and as is usually the case with iCluster, all of these report options are also available as iCluster commands.
Let’s briefly outline these reports.
- Option 1 – The configuration report (Option 1) prints or displays the current configuration, in other words the display commands for groups (DMDSPGRP), nodes (DMDSPNODE), a display of all object specifiers and finally a display of the cluster wide system values.
- Option 2 – The system report is Option 7.
- Option 3 – The Group Status report is new and displays or prints the status of the specified group(s) such as replication status, switch readiness, number of suspended and OOS objects, and current primary and backup nodes. Optionally it also displays journal details
- Option 4 – The Sync Check report is the DMSCRPT command to generate a report from the metadata.
- Option 5 –The Replication Coverage report is new and tells you whether you are replicating everything that you need to replicate
- Option 6 – The Event Log report is DMDSPLOG
- Option 7 – The Files with Triggers report is the HLSTTRG command from DMXtras
- Option 8 – The Files with Constraints report is the HLSTCST command from DMXtras
- Option 10 – The Journal Analysis report is the DMANZJRN command from DMXtras
- Option 11 – The Cross Library logical file report is the HLSTXLF command from DMXtras
- Option 12 – The Object Counts report is the OBJCOUNTS command from DMXtras
The next few Tech Tuesday posts will cover some of the new reports so stay tuned!