Rocket MultiValue University 2015: the first MultiValue event to include Both U2 and D3
Since I know most of you who use the family of Rocket D3 products, I’d like to say hello and to extend my personal invitation, to you, to attend Rocket MultiValue University (MVU).
We’re only about six weeks away from kicking off MVU, October 5-8 at Harrah’s in Las Vegas. As a member of the Rocket team, I’m really excited to be part of this event for the first time. In the past, this event was called U2 University; now, Rocket MultiValue University encompasses both the Rocket D3 and Rocket U2 products, as well as other Rocket technologies that work well with MultiValue.
MVU is an opportunity for you to attend four days of training on Rocket D3 products and participate in hands-on labs. Plus, if you’re interested in learning how to build Web Services, Interactive Dashboards & Reports, and Mobile Applications utilizing your Rocket D3 database, MVU allows you to meet with the team that develops and supports these products.
Since joining Rocket Software, I’ve seen a significant investment in the core D3 database technology, along with the introduction of technologies that advance the capabilities of Rocket D3 in other areas such as Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, and Mobile Application Development. As an educational event, MVU is the only place where you can gain exposure to all of these exciting technologies.
We’re proud to be offering you–for the first time ever–the opportunity take our new D3 certification exam for D3 UNIX Administrators free of charge ($100 value) with your MVU registration! Join us on Monday, October 5, for a Certification Preparation class, then take the exam at a time you choose during normal session hours.
- Exam Name: D3 Administrator Exam 9.x UNIX
- Credential awarded: Rocket Software Solutions Expert – D3 Administration
- Exam was developed by seven subject matter experts
- Exams are proctored
- You are allowed 90 minutes to complete exam
- The exam is an average of 62 questions
- You may retake any exam twice during MVU
- When you pass the exam, you receive a certificate and certification logo
- The Certification is a method to demonstrate your expertise to the world
- The Certification validates your skills and your proficiency in MV technology
Also for the first time, we are establishing a Customer Advisory Board (CAB) for Rocket D3 products. I’d like to invite you to our “Use Our CAB to Drive Your Solutions” session on Monday, October 5 – this is your chance give us your input toward future product development.
Don’t miss these D3-related sessions, exclusively at MVU 2015:
- D3 Best Practices, Mark Locke
- D3 Troubleshooting, John Bramley
- D3 Hot Backup, Brian Cram
- D3 Security Deep Dive, Mark Locke
- MVSP for D3, Brian Cram and Mark Locke
- MVS Toolkit for D3, Dorien Gardner
- Lab: Mobile Application Development, Suzanne Simpkins, Steve Wingfield, Stuart Mackenzie
- Lab: Reporting and Business Intelligence, Dorien Gardner
- Lab: D3, Brian Cram and Mark Locke
Be sure to check out these sessions related to Rocket MultiValue technology and D3:
- AngularJS for Web and Mobile
- Application Lifecycle Management and Rocket Aldon
- HADR Best Practices
- Mobile Application Development Challenges
- Reporting and Business Intelligence
- MultiValue Security Overview
- Virtualization Best Practices
- Driving a PHP Application With MultiValue Data
- Create an MV file sharing module using Rocket R/Link
- Mobile Development using REST/Rocket Mobile
While at MVU, you will see some familiar people from the Rocket D3 team. In addition, please introduce yourself to members of the U2 team, who are now working alongside the D3 team to advance Rocket MultiValue products and technologies. If you’d like to request a meeting with me, or another member of our Rocket staff, simply stop by our Information Desk. There will also be plenty of time to network at coffee breaks and meals.
MVU also gives you a chance to interact with the others who are using Rocket MultiValue products to advance their best-of-breed MultiValue applications. Share your thoughts and ideas with other attendees. Build a new relationship that could make a positive impact on your career!
Last but not least, we invite you to celebrate Rocket’s 25th birthday and MultiValue’s 50th anniversary during our Welcome Reception on Monday evening from 5:30 – 7:00 pm in the Reno Room at Harrah’s.
If you haven’t already registered for MVU, please hurry because starting September 1, 2015, the rate increases to $1599 USD per person. Visit www.rocketsoftware.com/mvu for more information and to register.
I look forward to seeing each of you at Rocket MultiValue University.