Today is the last day of 2015 – and this is the last installment of our Rocket at 25 series. It’s been a great year for the entire Rocket community, but we’ve already turned the calendar to 2016 and are ready for launch into our 27th year! So what do the next 366 days (don’t forget it’s leap year!) have in store for Rocket?
- One of our core goals is to connect with more of our customers and partners than ever before. To make that a reality, we will be increasing our global presence with at least five regional Rocket conferences that will highlight some global business and technology challenges and trends, feature some of our customers and partners, and showcase some of our new products and solutions.
- Our launch calendar is full for the first quarter. We plan to announce more new product releases that quarter than in any prior quarter. That’s a big commitment, but building software that matters to you is what we do.
- In 2016 we will be devoting even more resources to our core platforms such as IBM z Systems, IBM i, Cognos TM1, and of course our own MultiValue technology. We’ll help more customers find more ways of leveraging their investments in these important platforms.
- We will also be investing more in analytics, mobile, DevOps, and cloud. The upcoming version of Rocket Discover will help business users understand more about – and learn more from – their data across a variety of sources. Our cloud story will continue to accelerate in 2016, a reflection of our customers’ interest in leveraging cloud technologies to extend their infrastructure investments. All of this just scratches the surface of what we have planned – stay tuned for release news as it unfolds throughout the year!
- This is going to be a big year for our IBM Bluemix and Apache Spark initiatives. We’ll be announcing some important news in the coming months, including new products and some events that Rocket will be co-hosting.
- Speaking of events…we’ll be making a big splash at a number of conferences this year. We look forward to seeing you at IBM events such as InterConnect, Edge, Insight, Vision, and PartnerWorld. We’ll also be at SHARE and COMMON and a few other places you might not expect us.
Music is a key part of who we are as a company and how we connect with the communities in which we live and serve. Look for more shows from The Rocket Band – performing groups made up of Rocketeers from around the world. And who knows, you might be the lucky person going home with a guitar that we give away before one of our big concerts.
Thank you to everyone for making 2015 – our 25th anniversary year – so successful and so memorable. We’re only a few hours away from 2016, and I can already tell it’s going to be a great year. Onward and upward we go together.
Latest posts by Andy Youniss (see all)
- Ready, Set, Build - October 22, 2017
- This Never Gets Old…Rocket D3 Voted Best MultiValue Database - August 3, 2017
- The IBM z14 launch reminds me why I’m proud to be a Rocketeer and a mainframer - July 20, 2017