Reduce storage costs with intelligent, automated data management and archive
We’re excited to announce the release of Rocket Arkivio Autostor v8.2. Rocket Arkivio Autostor is an intelligent data management solution that enables tiered storage, optimized backup, file system reporting, compliance, and archiving for unstructured data.
Arkivio is agentless and quick to deploy. It offers intuitive web-based administration tools to simplify your essential storage management tasks. Specifically, Arkivio:
- Automates data management actions such as Copy, Move, Migrate, Retain, Restore, or Delete, helping you implement your own data retention policies
- Frees up your precious primary storage, as well as significantly reducing the amount of data that needs to be regularly backed up
- Provides a variety of customizable dashboards and reports that help you minimize financial and legal risks, through understanding what types of data are stored and who has access to this data
- Enables you to make more informed decisions on storage capacity planning and infrastructure needs by providing visibility into heterogeneous storage environments.
Arkivio makes it easy to implement a multi-vendor, tiered storage architecture; apply data retention policies for compliance purposes; and optimize backup and disaster recovery processes.
Available NOW: Rocket® Arkivio Autostor v8.2
Arkivio Autostor v8.2 is available now for download from the Rocket Customer Portal. Key highlights for this new release include:
- Enhanced RSA functionality: With this release multiple volumes can be individually managed by multiple Remote Server Assistants (RSAs). RSAs can now manage on a directory and folder level.
- Expanded device support: Expanded device support to include EMC® Atmos, EMC® Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), and IBM® Cleversafe. These devices are compatible with the S3 protocol and can be used as a target for retention policies. Expanded NetApp Filer support to include c-mode pass-through.
- Improved internationalization support: The English version of Arkivio can now be installed on Japanese version of Windows 2012 R2 server and display correct Japanese folder and file names for reports.
- Improved security: Implementation of better security model will ease some previous Arkivio security requirements. Administrators no longer need to define each user with administrator privileges on each server that is managed by Arkivio.
- Streamlined installation: The ACS installation procedure has a new look and an improved flow. Arkivio determines which product to install based upon the product key’s value in the license file.
- Dashboard enhancements: Many dashboard reports can now be scheduled. Users can also specify that reports are delivered by email or written to a file. Custom Dashboard layouts now can be saved as private or shared.
- Improved exception handling and error logs: Improved exception handling and error logs gives users an accurate view of policy effectiveness. Enhanced SNMP MIB to the latest version for better integration with SNMP software.
If you have a current Support and Maintenance Agreement for Arkivio, you can download this new release from the Rocket Customer Portal. If you don’t have a Customer Portal account, you can create one by simply following the registration instructions for new users. Once you’re logged in, simply turn to the Arkivio page to get updates you are eligible to download, based on your organization’s active agreements.
If you’re using Arkivio but do not have an active maintenance agreement, your Rocket Software Account Executive can help you get current. If you do not know your Account Executive or would prefer to have someone contact you, please complete this contact form and we will be in touch shortly.
For more information, please visit us at Rocket Arkivio Autostor.