The Rocket team just landed in Las Vegas, and looking forward to spending the next five days here for World of Watson, the premier global IBM event focused on cognitive computing. More than 60 Rocketeers are here discussing how our solutions support IBM’s cognitive business by building and optimizing the core infrastructure that supports cognitive, including:
- Empowering z Systems intelligence to deliver peak performance and continuous availability
- Analyzing z transactional and non-transactional data in-place with insights from other sources
- Bringing unique expertise in bringing mainframe data to Watson through Rocket Data Virtualization
We are sponsoring World of Watson to both connect with the community that was “IBM Insight” and to start articulating our vision for the future of data-centric solutions in the era of cognitive computing. In particular, we are excited about our investment around many of our cognitive research projects focused on smarter, connected, and autonomous database tools. We’re also excited to talk about our data virtualization technology helping Watson leverage mainframe data to better serve customers and the community in the future.
World of Watson will be unlike any other IBM event we’ve attended. Instead of a traditional show floor, the conference will feature the Cognitive Concourse where attendees can actually touch and experience real-world applications of cognitive computing. Interactive exhibits will focus on areas as diverse as public safety, weather, operations, energy, and wellness – and we’ll be there welcoming people into the Rocket Lounge.
We are excited to launch the next generation of cognitive computing with our community peers in October at IBM World of Watson. Stay tuned this week for lots of insights and thoughts from Rocket leaders as we learn more about Watson – and how we envision the future of cognitive computing.
Latest posts by Andy Youniss (see all)
- This Never Gets Old…Rocket D3 Voted Best MultiValue Database - August 3, 2017
- The IBM z14 launch reminds me why I’m proud to be a Rocketeer and a mainframer - July 20, 2017
- Generation Z Competing on Mainframes - April 24, 2017