What is an Online Forum?
Online forums are a fantastic way for groups of like-minded individuals to come together and share their thoughts and experiences about their topic of choice. They are a very powerful medium to collaborate, debate, and search for help on nearly any subject you’re interested in. Yammer, Reddit, Yahoo Answers, and even Craigslist are all examples of online forums you may have used or heard of. This same great experience is now available to MultiValue enthusiasts looking for a place to convene online – the Rocket MultiValue Forum. If you’d like more info on forums including a brief history and etiquette, I put together a short document.
The Rocket Forum has been active for several years and other Rocket groups enjoy the frequent posts and community buzz. Within the last few months, we have created a new “MultiValue” Channel and additionally a “Python” and “D3” sub-channel within to begin to cultivate a new chapter in MultiValue community. Additional sub-channels may follow, but this gives us a start for segmenting further when the community grows larger.
How do I get started?
2. Click the Sign Up button in the upper-right corner of the screen. It’s quick and simple.
3. Bookmark https://forum.rocketsoftware.com/c/MV on your favorite browser
4. Choose your level of email notifications. In the upper-right, click on the down arrow icon underneath your user avatar. Select one of the top three options to be notified of posts.
5. Click the “New Topic” button at the top – submit a new MV topic. You can even post a topic that you know the answer to, just to help others who are likely searching the web for the same information.
6. Or… browse to an existing topic and click on the “Reply” button to post a comment on an existing topic. Help answer peoples’ questions and comments. Create an active community!
7. Help spread the word about the Rocket MultiValue Forum. Share this resource with others! Reference the Rocket MultiValue Forum in your answers! Use it as part of our communication to others in the MV space. Link to the forum wherever possible: https://forum.rocketsoftware.com/c/MV
Who Should Use the Rocket MultiValue Forum?
Anyone with a question or topic can post to these channels and even tag their post. Whether you’re a customer, partner, or Rocket employee, the Rocket Forum is a place where anyone can talk to anyone interested in that same topic. To help with finding related posts and topics when authoring or searching, you can use tags to mark posts. Tags are simply key-words that link to other topic posts with the same tag. Other social media platforms (such as Twitter and Facebook) use hashtags (#coolstorybro) for this same functionality. Posts to the Rocket Forum become Google-searchable within an hour or so and many posts quickly grow to hundreds of views. Many people (customers or potential customers) trying to understand our technology are doing what any rational person would do in the modern age and searching the web. Our topics are trending as the top results, because they’re coming from a credible source URL, have numerous page views already, and the Rocket Forum is one of the very few publicly accessible technical resources for MultiValue products (outside of this Blog site).
So, I encourage you to sign up and start or join a topic today!
Latest posts by Pete Johnson (see all)
- Catch Your Next Release! (An overview of the V.R.M.F versioning system) - March 15, 2018
- Is the Sun Setting on Solaris and SPARC? - February 14, 2018
- Rocket Forum, the new home for MultiValue Evangelists! - November 16, 2017