Rocket® UniVerse 11.3.2 – Now Available
The Rocket MultiValue team is excited to announce general availability of UniVerse 11.3.2.
UniVerse 11.3.2 includes important updates, new features and some customer-requested fixes and is available on all platforms, including Solaris and HP/UX.
Here’s a quick look at what UniVerse 11.3.2 offers:
- Replication Sequential I/O Support so updates done via sequential I/O capabilities of BASIC are replicated to the subscriber – look for a blog post in a couple of weeks!
- U2 Python (v3.7) Support for AIX and Solaris: yes, the latest Python libraries on both AIX and Solaris!
- U2 Python Library upgrade to v3.7 for Linux, Windows, again the latest Python libraries!
- EDA Support for MySQL and PostgreSQL On Windows and Linux gives you more databases to choose from when storing your MV data externally.
- Index-Based Trigger Improvement – The new ALL.NULLS keyword allows you to skip the BUILD.INDEX phase.
- Full UTC support & Date/Time Support – including new conversion codes, a new @-variable to specify the time zone and new BASIC functions to support this functionality. Learn where the inspiration for this new feature came from in this post.
- GeoSpatial Support on all UNIX/Linux platforms – this is a new function added to BASIC that calculates the distance between two points based on the longitude and lattitude coordinates of each point. Another customer-inspired feature that you can learn more about in this blog post.
- OpenSSL 1.1.1 support, because we know you want to keep up with security protocols. This was covered in the first blog post of 2020
- Self-Signed Certification – The U2SelfCert.crt and U2SelfCert.scr files are distributed as part of 11.3.2 allowing you to create your own certificates without purchasing them externally and also provides basic protection.
- RHEL 8 Certification & Support (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- TCL level HELP – The online help text available with the TCL HELP command has been updated at this release to match the 11.3.2 documentation set
Interested? UniVerse 11.3.2 is available now on Rocket Business Connect (RBC).