Rocket UniData 8.2.2 Available Now
We’re excited to announce the release of Rocket ® UniData ® 8.2.2. This release offers many bug fixes and dozens of enhancements plus certification on RedHat Linux 8. UniData 8.2.2 also delivers Python on new operating systems (hint, AIX and Solaris), enhanced security, improved performance and monitoring, audit enhancements and extended EDA database support. This new release offers something for everyone.
- U2 Python library upgrade to v3.7 for Linux, Windows. Yes, the latest Python libraries!
- U2 Python (v3.7) support for AIX and Solaris: again, the latest Python libraries on both AIX and Solaris!
- Python performance improvements: bringing Python performance in line with BASIC performance
- OpenSSL 1.1.1 support, because we know you want to keep up with security protocols. This was covered in the first blog post of 2020.
- Self-Signed Certification allowing you to create your own certificates without purchasing them externally and also provides basic protection.
- Enforce client-server connections to be SSL and/or non-SSL
- Great for meeting the strict compliance requirements of some sites
- Significant Dynamic Array performance improvements
- When testing, dynamic array functions are 60-350 times faster than prior releases
- Multiple index optimization shows a 30-75% increase in performance with optimization turned on
- Improved Audit Logging functions, operations & triggers
- Logging enhancements for ADE encrypted data
External Data Access (EDA)
- EDA Support for MySQL and PostgreSQL on Windows and Linux gives you more databases to choose from when storing your MV data externally.
- Date/Time Support
- New EDA data verify functions: We’ve added over a dozen new verify functions.
More added to UniData 8.2.2
- BASIC enhancements and fixes
- Replication enhancements and fixes
- New performance monitoring tool (UNIX only)
- TOJSON enhancements
You can find a complete list of enhancements and system requirements for Rocket UniData 8.2.2 in the release notes.
- Modernization through Python has been extended to AIX and Solaris
- Support for RHEL 8
- Enhanced security through OpenSSL v1.1.1 and self-signed certs
- Improved performance
- Improved monitoring
- Extended EDA databases supported
Ready to upgrade now? If you have a current Support and Maintenance Agreement for Rocket UniData, it’s available now on Rocket Business Connect (RBC). If you don’t have an active maintenance agreement, we can help you get current. Simply contact your Rocket account representative or partner to discuss your options.