UniObjects for Python (UOPY) now available
We’re pleased to announce the availability of UniObjects for Python (UOPY). UOPY is a client-side Python API that you can use to access a UniData or UniVerse database over the network.
By supporting Python, a modern programming language, the Rocket MultiValue (MV) team set out to help our customers and partners:
- attract, hire and retain new development talent
- quickly add features to existing MV apps
- enable fast application development
MV Python integration provides a new, modern, object-oriented programming language to compliment BASIC for developing MV server-side applications. On the client side, we’ve historically provided the UniObjects family of APIs in popular modern languages including Java and .NET.
To offer a full stack Python solution, we’re introducing UniObjects for Python (UOPY) on the client side, providing:
- The benefit of being able to develop full stack in a single language
- The finer granularity of a UniObjects-based client API that compliments higher level services provided by MVIS
- The low cost of development, maintenance, and support of such an API
- Provides remote access to MV servers in Python
- Offers full stack development in Python: from web server (UOPY) to database backend (U2py)
- Ability to leverage the Python ecosystem with many 3rd party libraries
- Enables rapid application development
- Delivers an open and extensible UniObjects client
- Attracts new development talent
Where can I get UOPY?
Please visit https://pypi.org/project/uopy/ to download UOPY today.
More info on UOPY
If you want more info on UOPY, the Rocket MV team has recorded some videos: