Now available Rocket MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code v1.1.0
We’re pleased to announce the availability of Rocket® MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code (VS Code) v1.1.0, a powerful extension for Visual Studio Code, the fastest-growing development tool and a favorite of recent college grads, most of whom never learned BASIC.
Background: By using this extension, your development team is empowered to:
- Modernize their internal R&D teams’ development environment
- Acquire the right tools to attract and retain the next generation of developers
- Make code editing easier and more productive
Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code offers six advanced editing features to help your developers modernize, simplify, and work more productively.
- One-stop BASIC program editing, through a JSON-based language server protocol (LSP)
- LSP editing features include highlighting, go-to definition, find reference, hover documentation, rename variables/functions, code folding, auto complete, formatting and more
- Code outlining for variables, functions, subroutines, and labels
- Automatic grouping of files in tree view
- Customizable configuration options
- Detailed documentation
And, this is one of many releases. We’ll be releasing more versions in the future with new features including compile and build, powerful debugging, version control, integrated build, and scaling.
Where can I get Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code?
Please visit the VS Code Marketplace to download Rocket MV BASIC for VS Code today.
Collaborate, discuss, and learn more about MV BASIC for VS Code on the Rocket Forum
Join the Rocket MV BASIC for Visual Studio Code forum and collaborate, discuss and learn more from fellow users and Rocket engineers. To help you get started, the Rocket MV team has posted seven videos on some of the major features in this first release to the forum.